Courses

Basic Pranic Healing Course

Date: 5th & 6th December, 2009 (Saturday - Sunday)
Time: 8.30am to 6.00pm
Venue: Dombivli Pranic Healing Center,
Pardeshi Manssion, Ramnagar,
Dombivli (East) 421 201

Upcoming Events

COMING SOON . . .

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Law of Karma - Swami Vivekananda

When we consider law in relation to man's mind and existence, it is at once obvious that there can be no such thing as free will and free existence. We know how animal nature is wholly regulated by law. The animal does not appear to exercise any free will. The same is true of man; human nature also is bound by law. The law governing functions of the human mind is called the law of Karma.
Nobody has ever seen anything produced out of nothing; if anything arises in the mind, that also must have been produced from something. When we speak of free will, we mean the will is not caused by anything. But that cannot be true, the will is caused; and since it is caused, it cannot be free -- it is bound by law. That I am willing to talk to you and you come to listen to me, that is law. Everything that I do or think or feel, every part of my conduct or behavior, my every movement -- all is caused and therefore not free. This regulation of our life and mind -- that is the law of Karma.

1 comment:

  1. If everything is regulated by Cause and Effect, then how do you explain the first life of people. Why did something bad happen to people in their first life? I can not understand why someone did bad and why did someone receive the evil.
    Also, if that is true, then what is the point of existence?

    As a Hindu myself, I personally agree with the fact that something cannot arise from anything, but I really want to clear my understanding of this law and its functioning.

    ReplyDelete